Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The First Day of School

Aubrey started 3rd Grade and Julie started 1st Grade yesterday. With the hurricane a couple days before, Aubrey and I were not able to meet her teacher beforehand and Aubrey had no idea who was in her class. There are 6 classes in each grade at the girl's schools. I say schools because Aubrey is in Dudley Elem. that goes from 2nd-4th grade and Julie is at Mason Rd. Elem. which goes from PreK to 1st Grade.

Aubrey has exactly 0 kids from last years class in her class this year and knew 2 girls from other things. Julie has 1 girl in her class from last year. At first, this caused me to have an all out panic attack, especially for Julie who is extremely shy.

I think I was the only one who stressed over this. Both girls are having a blast in school and are making lots of new friends. They also both started playing soccer, so they will be meeting more kids there. Kids are extremely adaptable I guess, much more than adults. I have pics to post but have no idea how to put them in the post, so I'll have to figure that one out!

4 comments:

  1. Awwwwww, kid have no fear. And let me know if you need help with the upload thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need help with the upload thing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, just looked at my old blog. If the posting thing is the same, there should be a button that looks like a picture. Click on that, and an interactive menu should pop up. I'll do a post of a screen shot if you need it on my blog let me know.

    ReplyDelete