Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Meghan versus her classes

I signed Meghan up at the Y so she could take some classes since I am not putting her in preschool this year. She is taking Princess Dance (ballet) and Mini-Movers (sports). The first day of mini-movers I dropped her off and went downstairs to read while I waited the 1/2 hour for her to be done. She supposedly did pretty well and only cried a few times. That was last week....
This week Meghan went to her first dance class on Monday and I could not peel her off of me. I ended up sitting on the floor with her on my lap almost the entire time. She did get up once to sachet across the floor with her teacher, and then again to get a sticker. Parents are not supposed to stay in class and all the other 3 year olds seemed fine. Today, I had hopes that mini-movers would go well again. But it did not. I stayed with her and held her hand, while she cried, and I learned to play soccer. This time she didn't even want the sticker.  Meghan 2 - Classes 0
I'm hopeful that she will eventually be able to seperate herself from me and maybe even enjoy class down the road.
In other news, Aubrey got 100's on her first 2 tests!

No comments:

Post a Comment